Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Back to working on quilts

I now have the fourth baby quilt top pin basted. I can start quilting it tonight.

I had a bit of time this morning so I got the next quilt ready for pin basting.

I am going to quilt all nine of the baby quilt tops then I will work on binding them.

Here are some pictures of the progress that has been made on the operating rooms we are building. There is still a lot to do. Once the floors are installed - epoxy terrazzo - a plastic sheeting material will be installed on the walls over the drywall. The seams will be welded/sealed so no air migrates and the walls will be easy to clean. There is a lot of mechanicals that go in the walls and ceilings - fire sprinkler pipe, HVAC, medical gas (5 different lines), domestic water, medical vacuum lines, electric and low voltage for the technology - that is what I can think of now.

At my other job they are install piling - for what? I have no idea! All I know is that our parking lot is getting smaller and its is a muddy mess! As they pound in the piling it makes the job trailer shake. It is like getting a massage! Here is a truck that delivered piling yesterday. The arrow points to my car and the next picture is them driving the pile this morning.

Then right across the street we have it all torn up too. I think they are putting in storm lines before the new road goes in.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

At this pace you'll have all of the quilts done by the end of the month. I love your construction photos. Construction fascinates me.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All of the baby quilts are pretty. I wonder if you will be able to cut one fabric for binding for several of them.

barbara woods said...

you will have a bunch finished and ready to hand out. all cute. still working every once4 and a while on my boy quilt but have to finish by Friday. her shower is Sat.