Monday, October 2, 2023

I've been busy!

I forgot to post Friday. I just got too busy and forgot. What I would have posted was I got most of those novelty print fussy cut and up on the design wall.
I practiced making another bundt cake on Thursday night and learned a few things. I changed the recipe because I didn't have enough batter to fill the pan the last time. I made the mistake of testing the cake 10 minutes too early and it fell. I let it cool, threw some glaze on it and it tasted fine.
I have two succulents that have been outside for several weeks and Thursday night something got into the one of them and ate part of the leaves. GRH! I will continue to care for it and we will see what happens.
I needed to go to the grocery store on Saturday morning, but since the marathon was happening I walked. I hit the grocery store and Whole Foods for the cannellini beans, pasta, and kale I needed to make a pot of Stanley Tucci's pasta fagioli soup. It was a 3.68 miles round trip and I was a bit tired when I got home. The soup was fantastic and after having a bowl and resting a bit I headed out to the garage to attack a project I had been planning. I had posted this picture a week or so ago
I moved everything out of this area, found the studs and attached 2" x 4" pieces, primed and painted them, painted the wall, cleaned up around the garage while the paint dried and called it a day.
Sunday I started installing the hardware that I had to run to get that morning along with a stop at two grocery stores. Once I stated hanging up the items I had in mind, the hangers were bending at the attachment point. So I took the hangers back down and scoured the garage for some scraps of lumber. I found a piece of 2" x 6" and 2" x 4". That will work!
Attached those, painted them, and here is what the finished area looks like. I plan on moving that table into the house once I finish sanding and varnishing it.
The area to the left of this was a big mess!
So the chairs are now hung on the new hangers, straightened out the shelves to make room for a bin to put plant pots in, and get the boxes of binders for jobs I still have open at work up on the shelves. I would sure like to get those jobs closed and get rid of those, but that's a whole different story. The area it a lot better. I will need to make a run to the charity thrift store as I am trying to get rid of things that I haven't used. This little project took a lot longer than I thought it would and had a few mor hiccups than what I thought, but overall I am glad I am making use of the vertical space and those chairs are no longer blocking the shelves. I have more I want to get done before the cold weather sets in so get ready for some messy garage pics and hopefully some great afters!  How does this mess happen in the first place?  LOL!!
I have been on a fabric buying binge lately. So many great sales! I got this bolt of Moda which came to $5.00 a yard! Lots of project bags in the future.
Then I bought some novelty FQ's for the I spy quilt.
Striped for binding baby quilts and Halloween moths because I like the print
Then I thought these two pieces would make pretty project bags.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My garage needs cleaning and organizing so badly. I think I need to just get out there and do one area a day for a week and it will start looking better. You are so handy with power tools, etc. Me, not so much.

Vicki W said...

Garage and basement cleanups are so exhausting! The Bundt cake is really pretty and don't' you hope that the critter that ate your plant gets diarrhea from it?LOL!