Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Layout is much better

I channeled Wanda last evening after her suggestion about moving some of the pieces around to improve the checkerboard look with the solid blue patches. I think it looks much better. Thanks Wanda!
Next, I wanted to bake a cake using my new Lodge 10.25" pan; yes, I bought another piece of cast iron. I got the recipe for a Ricotta Lemon Blueberry Cake in an email from them and thought it would be a good choice for the boss's birthday. I had walked across the street yesterday to get the ricotta from the Italian market, so I then had everything I needed. The cake turned out great and the house smelled wonderful. It was an easy cake to bake. I took half of it and gave it to the neighbor; I didn't need to eat the whole thing! I will make another one tonight for the boss's birthday tomorrow. I might make a little lemon glaze and add some streaks of it across the cake just to jazz it up a bit. I love this little pan and have another Lodge recipe for a cookie made in the pan which will be for another fellow's birthday next week. Leave me a comment if you would like me to email you the recipe.
While I was upstairs in the kitchen and looked out the window and saw Mom with the twins. It is amazing how fast they grow!
I received my order from Hancock's of Paducah. I think I am done buying quilting fabric for a while. I wasn't planning on buying any flannel since I have lots that is partially pieced for 9 patch blocks, but it was only $4.99 a yard and it's the good stuff! I love all these blue plaids and they will make some beautiful 9 patch quilts! I bought the orange piece just because! LOL!!
Everything I bought was marked down. I bought these to make baby quilts.
The two fabrics on the left will be for project bags and the two on the right go in my stash of reproductions.
Then I just had to get more of this fabric since it too was on sale.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The layout is looking so much better!

Kathy S. said...

I really like the new layout. Woohoo on the fabric sale. Yes, you should be set for a while--winter is coming. It's always fun to get a great deal. The cake looks so yummy. Bet the lemon frosting squirts will jazz it up and make it yummy. Have a great day, Patty!

Vicki W said...

I always take Wanda's advice! The layout looks great and the cake looks delicious.

Kaja said...

The layout looks great. You have picked up some lovely flannels - I wouldn't have been able to resist the flannel either. I would love the cake recipe, please.