Thursday, October 12, 2023

Problem solved

First thing I did when I got home from work is mow and trim the grass in the front and sides. I didn't realize how long it was until my neighbor mowed his. As I was trimming I saw this little fellow - yes that is a praying mantis. I nudged him out of harms way.
I had the yard done in an hour then headed to the kitchen to make a pot of soup for lunches. That killed another hour and it was 6:00 before I got down to the studio. After laying the sleeves on top of each other to try and figure out what I was going to do to fix my boo-boo, the sleeves were so close to being the same shape at the top I decided to just put them in the jacket. Now if the fabric was a woven fabric, this solution would not work. Being that I am working with a knit I could get away with it being a little off. I only had time to sew the sleeves in, but I am making progress!
The ricotta lemon blueberry cake went over well at work. We had to wait until mid afternoon to dive into it.  We were waiting for the birthday boy to take the first piece. There was still over half the cake left when I left for the day, but most of the guys were out in the field working. When I came in this morning, there was only one piece left. One of the foremen who had been working all night came in to do some paperwork this morning. He had eaten my baked goods before so I told him he ought to grab the last piece of cake.  He took a bite and said "Fantastic"! The birthday boy was bragging to his wife last night how good the cake was and she asked him why he didn't bring her a piece. I guess I will make another cake tonight and make sure I bring something that he can put a piece of cake in so he can take it home. He says she does not bake so giving him the recipe would never produce a cake! LOL!!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Poor guy, a wife that doesn't bake. I guess growing up with home baked goods all the time, I thought it was a way of life. Now you can make her happy too with a piece or two, that is if he doesn't eat it on the way home.