Thursday, September 28, 2023

I Spy quilt

I got started on rough cutting pieces of novelty fabric for the I Spy quilt. This will be for my grandnephew. This pile came from my shelf of novelty fabrics.
At first I was going to cut the squares 3 1/2", but I was cutting off too much of the images. I decided to cut them at 4" and here is what I have cut so far. I just put them on the design wall as I cut them.
Next I will start going thru the stacks of fabric I have arrange on my shelves by color. I know there will be some prints that I can use for this quilt. I also have a tub of Halloween fabrics I know I can get some good bits out of and then there are several scrap bins to look thru. I am on the prowl!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That will be a fun quilt. I'm going to start on I Spy #2 (of 3) in October. There must be 1000s of novelty prints over the 35 years I have been collecting them.