Thursday, October 5, 2023

They ate cake!

After work I headed to the birthday party. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get there - it's an hour's trip one way under normal traffic conditions - because as soon as I got on the interstate traffic was down to a crawl. It took me 32 minutes to go 6 miles. Geeze! There wasn't an accident; it was just too many cars trying to get on. With the construction - yes, the company I work for is doing the construction - going from 3 lanes to 2 lanes makes a huge difference and it wasn't even rush hour. Once traffic got moving, I drove to the next town to the charity thrift shop and dropped off some stuff I had quickly gathered up that morning that was in the garage. I am so glad to get rid of that stuff.  After that I headed to the party. The cake went over well.
I didn't get home until 8:30 so no sewing happened yesterday. I did get a load of laundry done before I left for work Wednesday and in that load was the fabric that arrived the other day. It is ready for me to press and cut tonight.

No comments: