Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Another cake and Geeze I messed up again!

When I got home from work it was up to the kitchen to make the birthday cake. I added a little glaze to the top just to fancy it up a bit.
Then it was dishes and gathering up and putting out the recycleing and trash for pu today. I spent a few minutes on the jacket. I got the fronts sewn on to the back correctly this time.
So now I can sew the sleeves on - WRONG! This is what happens when 1. you have a project sit for years and 2. you get in a hurry. I wasn't thinking on Saturday and sewed the two halves of the front sleeves together and the two halves of the back sleeves together. Geeze! That won't work. And the seams are topstitched down! That is six rows of stitching I need to rip out so you know what I will be doing tonight. Hopefully this is the last big mess up I make or I won't get this jacket done by next week.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

At that point I would wish I had enough fabric to cut new sleeves and leave the ripping for some down time.

Kaja said...

I think making a slip with dressmaking is the worst. Sometimes with quilting I just slice off the offending bit but you can't really do that with sleeves! I hope you get it sorted and finished in time.