Thursday, August 10, 2023

Tote bag, succulents, and black-eyed Susans

Glory I was tired yesterday. As soon as I got home I needed to water. I didn't want to, but I had to.  Dragging the hose around took some effort!  Some of the marigolds and coneflowers were drooping. I didn't want to be in the sun, but I also didn't want to lose any plants so I stuck it out and watered. I went out later to mow. I got the front done then the battery ran out of juice. Oops! I forgot to charge it up; that meant I could quit mowing - yeah!  I need to get to the sides and the backyard this weekend. Meanwhile, I threw a load in the washer and cut out a tote bag. The bag is done.
Here is my clump of black-eyed Susans I started from seed in early July I think. There are a couple stems that are looking like they are going to bloom in the next few weeks.
I also have been watching over some succulent leaves for several months and the results of my work are starting to show. I spray them with water twice a day and they are getting lots of sunshine. That one on the lower left has been growing for a month and several of the other ones have popped up in the last two weeks. It is amazing how fast they grow once they get started. I am surprised how many leaves have sprouted a little plant. I was about to give up on most of the leaves, but all of a sudden those other ones popped up!
I will be off tomorrow so I will catch up with you on Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We had 3 small amounts of rain in the last 3 days so I don't have to water right now. It sounds like another storm coming Sunday.
Your Black Eyed Susan plants are looking good. I have never started any from seed but I bet I have a couple that started from re-seeding without my help.

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend and I hope you get to relax a little!