Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Flannel 9-patch, errands and things to do

I got a start finally on quilting the 9 patch flannel quilt. Yeah! I am using a light gray thread and I like the way it looks.
After work I needed to go to the post office to mail my sister her birthday presents and ship the pillowcases to my SIL. I couldn't believe the line at the post office
There were people with as little as a letter to mail to a lady that must have had at least 10 packages. The postal worker was working very fast even with the ridiculously long fake fingernails she was sporting. I waited 20 minutes for my turn. I then walked down the plaza to the grocery store to get a couple pairs of rubber gloves so I could do dishes. I usually always have a spare pair, but I didn't when I went to look Monday. When I got home the neighbor pulled in the driveway to pick up his jeans. I figured he would just get them and leave, but he was in a talkative mood so that shot another half hour. After he left I took some copies of recipes and a zucchini over to another neighbor. By now it was getting onto 6:00 p.m. and I was hungry. A load went in the washer then I finally got to sit down and get a bite.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

At our little post office lots of time there is a line behind someone applying for a passport. They are supposed to make an appointment and it's a little irritation when the one worker doesn't call anyone to open another window.
You have a great start on the quilting.

Ann said...

My quilting hardly shows so it’s extra fun to see your pretty design. Don’t you love a blue and white quilt!

Cherie Moore said...

Your quilting is looking great! I bet it felt good to hand off the jeans….even if you had a long chat ;-)

Vicki W said...

You are the busiest person that I know!