Friday, August 18, 2023

Another show, more zucchini, and getting things done

Wednesday we had a show in Cleveland. The weather was beautiful. The last couple of days my right thigh has been sore and it was really acting up. At times I was in a lot of pain. The biggest issue was I couldn't bend over or bend my leg. I would get a very sharp pain and the whole front of my thigh from my hip to my knee hurt.  It was hard to sit down because I had to bend my leg, but I managed and spent any downtime massaging my leg which helped a lot. It is a weird pain that comes then subsides after I rub it. We had a wonderful, fun crowd at the show.
I made a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies for the band. They were really good if I do say so myself! The ones in the upper right are oatmeal cookies without the raisins. My brother doesn't care for raisins so I always spoon those out first then add the raisins to the dough.
I got to bed at around 11:30 which was a decent time considering the drive. I was pretty tired and needed to rest my leg. By morning it felt better, but I fought the pain all day Thursday so I didn't get nearly done what I would have liked to. I spent some time going thru some older piles of projects and deciding what I truly wanted to finish and what needed pitched, put a label on a baby quilt and made a tote bag for it
picked another zucchini
trimmed the front yard and I was going to mow until it started raining
washed and started cutting the fabric joining blocks for a flannel quilt for one of the ladies at work. She wants it for her husband for Xmas.
 The rest of the weekend my plans will be to mow, fix my neighbor's jeans, work on the flannel quilt, work the postponed show from last week, and probably run to the grocery store. My leg is feeling a lot better this morning, so fingers crossed whatever the issue was I am now on the mend. I did get my pants hemmed. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Mystery pains happen more often as you get older. I hope yours is gone and nothing serious.
We have had .45" of rain twice this week so the grass is lush and green after the brown crunchy grass all the way through June.

Cherie Moore said...

Wow, so weird about your leg pain. Hope it’s gone for good and nothing serious. Like Wanda says, mystery pains happen more with age :(. Nice it was a good crowd for the show. Your cookies look delicious, especially now that I’ve tasted some of your baking and know your cookies taste amazingly scrumptious!

Vicki W said...

I hope your leg pain is gone by now....I'm catching up on reading!