Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Flannel progress, black-eyed Susans and more zucchini

I looked around in my fabric storage room and found this bundle of light gray flannel I can use for the back of the 9 patch top
I cut the yardage in half, washed and dried it, and now the two halves are sewn togehter ready for pressing.
I needed to water the plants last night since the tempretures are back up close to 90. With the rain we have had the weeds are now out of control! They are everywhere! It is going to take some serious time and work to get the flower beds cleaned up. I did see that I got my first black-eyed Susan flower. Upon closer inspection I also saw the deer ate about half the clump of stems. Grrrrr! I guess I won't be growing anymore of these.
I picked three zucchini off of that one plant that I put in the front yard flower bed last evening! Three! It sure is happy and producing a lot of zucchini! I saw two more zucchini each about 4 - 5" long and there are lots of flowers so I should be getting even more.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad one of your zucchini plants survived and is producing. You will probably get more than enough from that one plant.