Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Crossbody bag and another zucchini

The crossbody bag is done! That is one thing I had ready for the shows this weekend The bag part finished around 9" wide by 10 1/2" long. I used the same fabric for the lining as I did for the strap.
I added a cute bee charm to the zipper pull
I did change a couple things from the pattern. I made a box corner instead of the pinched corner the pattern showed
I made the strap adjustable and used hardware so the strap could be unhooked.
A change I will make to the next bag will be to move the position of the tabs for the strap. The bag works fine, but I think with using D-rings and a swivel hook it makes more sense to have the tabs at the top. The bag came together pretty fast and the zipper was easy to install. I think I will also add an interior pocket. I need to write some notes and measurements, so I know what to change next time. I just might have to whip a couple more of these for gifts.  This bag could easily be made with one fabric instead of strips.
I looked at my zucchini plant last night to see how the one fruit was growing and it needed picked! In just a couple days it doubled in size!  I have another one that is about 4" long right now on that same plant.


Cherie Moore said...

Love the cross body excited to see you used the weather forecast fabric! You are cleaver always figuring out how to make covers and pouches for the band equipment and now with thoughts on improving the bag pattern.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It seems like I always want to make a few changes to a bag pattern too. It's good to have all of the basic measurements all figured out to work with.

Vicki W said...

Your friend is going to love it!