Monday, August 21, 2023

Another show, one more seam

We had a show Friday night in Broadview Heights. The weather was cool, windy, and it was the first night for high school football so the crowd was tiny. We couldn't set up the tent because the wind was so bad, but it died down and I was able to get the table and t-shirt rack set up.
I was set up next to the stage so I have a great view of the show from the side and front. Only four more shows for the summer season.
Back stage the venue had hummus, pita chips, veggies, and fruit for the kids. They were not interested in the hummus so that meant more for me! It tasted so good!
I think part of my leg pain was from some shoes so I went shoe shopping and got myself a new pair of recovery slides since my current pair were not cushiony any more.   I didn't like the feel of the new style of Hoka's so this time I bought Oofos. They are very comfortable and I put these on as soon as I walk thru the door. They are great in the studio since the floor is resilient tile over concrete.
I also bought a couple pairs of sneakers since mine are worn pretty bad especially with all the walking I have done for the past couple of months.
While I was grocery shopping I checked out the bargain area they have at the store and found a diffusor with six bottles of essential oil for $7.99. What a bargain!  I have always wanted one. I plugged it in when I got home and it worked great. It also lights up and I can change the colors. I already had a bottle of essential oil that is called Motivate. I love the smell of it and when I am dragging, I will put a couple dropping in the diffusor and see if it gets me moving!
I did pick the jalapenos from my one plant. One was starting to turn red. I wonder if that means it will be hotter?
I have one more seam to sew and the flannel top will be done! It was just getting too late last night and I wanted to vacuum the room before I dragged the top on the floor and then all the thread and crumbs of flannel would stick to the top. I will be digging in the stash tonight to find some flannel backing so I can get this pin basted. Looks like I will have this one done in plenty of time before Xmas! The blocks finish at 7 1/2".  The gray is washing out in this picture.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...


The cooler temperatures probably felt good after some hot shows but you didn't need the wind.
Good shoes do make all the difference when you are on your feet a lot. I have narrow feet so I have always had to wear more expensive shoes to get the right fit.

Kaja said...

Life always seems better with comfortable feet. I like the layout you have used for your flannel blocks - with the blue background in the centre and the darker blocks grouped bottom right. It feels really nicely balanced.