Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Thank you!

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement about getting the log cabin quilt finished. I sat down to quilt on it last night and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to work on it after being totally sick of quilting on it. I got another 451 square inches quilted so now I am 72% done with the quilting for a total of 54 square feet out of 75 square feet.
So here is the plan. I may or may not get the border quilted.
Then this is what is left for Friday.
It took me about 1 1/2 hours to quilt those four blocks plus the border. Tonight, I have an errand after work and a few chores to do when I get home plus, I will probably have to ride the stationary bike to get my active minutes done for the day. All those items will cut into my quilting time so I might not get Tuesday's section done. It has been hard to walk at lunch time to get some of those active minutes because for me it has been so hot. Yes, 65 with full sun is too hot for me. If I don't walk as much as lunch that means I have more time spend on the stationary bike in the evening.

2 comments:

Ann said...

You are smart to create sections for each day's work. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the thought of quilting a larger piece right now, too.

Pauline Michaud said...

Whoo hoo! Good progress last night. You're getting closer!