Friday, October 7, 2022

I couldn't help myself

Last evening consisted of mowing the front yard, tying up my zebra grass again - one of the ties had broken, loading up the trash bin with deck boards, watering that patch of grass seedlings, doing a load of laundry, riding my indoor bike for 40 minutes, and using two bobbins of thread quilting on the log cabin quilt. I could not help myself and had to figure out how much I quilting I have done. It stands at 4%! LOL!!
I haven't bought much fabric this year, but Hancock's of Paducah was having a sale so I took a look. I found two pieces of Timeless Treasure fabric with skulls on them that will be perfect for the back of those Harley raffle quilts I make every year! Good fabric at $4.99 a yard - can't beat that with a stick!
This weekend my plan is to quilt on the log cabin quilt, get outside and putter around the yard a bit, and bake a birthday cake. This is the cake I plan on making. It is a cookies and cream brownie cake. I will show you on Monday how mine turned out.
Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Kathy S. said...

OH MY!! The cookies & cream brownie cake looks amazing. Can't wait to see yours. That's a great deal on the skull fabric. Do you watch tv while you ride your indoor bike? I need to get back on a schedule for doing that. Sounds like you are keeping up on your fall yardwork. I still have a bit of cleaning out flowerbeds to do. Have a great weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can't believe that is only 4%...but then it is a huge quilt.

That cake looks delicious!!

Robbie said...

Well, grass doesn't grown under your feet! Or wait! It must since you had to water and mow!!!!! You go girl!

barbara woods said...

I could gain weight just looking at that cake

Vicki W said...

You will have that quilt done in no time and I can't wait to see the cake!