Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Quilt progress and that's a cheeto!

I now have 16% of the log cabin quilt quilted. For you Swooze, that is 12.33 square feet.
Yesterday I saw a piece on CNN about a statue that is a tribute to Cheetos. I love it! It is 17' tall and just a bit too big for my yard, but oh I would love a smaller one!
I love Cheetos. In fact I love them so much in 2006 I made this wall hanging as my tribute to Cheetos. It hung in an exhibition at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. The theme for the show was orange you glad. The piece measures 30" x 38" and I use batiks for the front. I hand dyed the fabric for the back then cut a sponge in the shape of a cheeto and stamped those all over the back. Spots for Chester and there you go!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love Cheetos too and like the new white cheddar too. They don't make your hands as messy.

Robbie said...

I too love Cheetos! Not the orange on my fingers...it's the tell-tale sign I'm eating them....but it is worth it. Your quilt was so clever!!!

Pauline Michaud said...

Patty, that is too funny! That cheeto is located in my province in Canada, about 3 hours from where I live. There's a tradition of very large monuments all over the Province. This one is quite fun! Great progress on that quilt. It's looking very nice!