Monday, October 17, 2022

Busy three days.

Let's start with Sunday and work our way back to Friday. I did get some quilting done on the log cabin quilt between two small sewing projects for my brother and laundry. I now have 32% of the quilting done or 23.7 square feet. I had to wind a bunch more bobbins - 26 I think - as I was down to one.
My brother called and said he was going to bring over the new table Uncle Frank made for me. So, I stopped everything I was doing to see if I could get the faux fur covers made for the bungee cords that will hold the guitars in place in the new road case my brother made. I had two done by the time he showed up and then got the other two done while he waited.
My brother brought with him the bass amp cover I had made.  The pocket got ripped.   It got rubbed up against something and tore the top layer. Out came the seam ripper and I had it fixed in a few minutes.  It is now good as new!
My brother switched out the two TV tray tables with Uncle Frank's new table. Now larger quilts will be supported better when I machine quilt.
After my brother left it was back to quilting, laundry, and hitting my goals for the day. I did get my 12 hours standing goal met.
Saturday I was so tried after the road trip on Friday I didn't get much done. Once I finally got enough energy, I decided to start sanding a table and trying out the new toy my friend gave me. The table was salvaged from a demolition project. I got most of the varnish off the top and the legs. It will take another sanding session of 2 or 3 hours and then I can start the finishing. The table look like it has white oak legs, and the top might be maple. Can you imagine just crushing this and throwing it in the landfill?
This is the tool my friend gave me on Friday.
I charged up the battery and tried it out on cutting down the stems of a few Shasta Daisies. It worked great! It is lightweight, easy to use, and made quick work of cutting the stems. It was much faster than using hand clippers!  She also gave me four of these Gorilla bucket/totes and I filled one up with the debris.  The bucket/totes are lightweight and sturdy.  I can see using them for lots of jobs around the house including filling them with ice and drinks for a party!
I will tell you all about the road trip tomorrow.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

And I thought I was a type A! You've got me beat for sure!!! It is great to be productive and so nice you and your family share and do for each other!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That new table will be so much better than the TV tray tables. With the size quilts you make you really need that.

Is that still a Fitbit or did you change to a different brand?

Vicki W said...

Uncle Frank is awesome and the table you sanded is going to be beautiful. The new garden cool is cool. I borrowed my brother's electric hedge trimmer this weekend to trim a lot of bushes. It created 6 wheelbarrows of stuff in no time.
YOu are really rolling on the quilt!