Monday, April 18, 2022

What a crazy three days!

I got zero sewing done on the second baseball quilt. Friday I spend doing errands and cleaning the house. Saturday I had a couple errands then started baking pies.
I made two pumpkin and two pecan pies. Here are two of the finished pies; I had already packed the other two before I thought to take a picture. I only have one cast iron pie pan which I baked one of the pecan pies in. The pie turned out so well I am now on a mission to buy more cast iron pie pans. The difference is the bottom crust came out so nice.
I had the car loaded up with the Xmas presents on Friday and on Saturday afternoon I headed to my son's house to celebrate Xmas and Easter.
I didn't get home until 10:15 Saturday night. I was gifted this beautiful plant for Easter. My son told me they don't remember where they put my Xmas present - LOL!!! There was no tag with the plant so I have no idea what it is.
Sunday morning I needed to make a cheesecake to go along with the pumpkin and pecan pies to take to my brother's house. The festivities were starting at 11 a.m. Here is what was left of the cheesecake.
I ended up bringing home chocolate bunnies and some candy, a paper towel holder that my SIL's uncle made, and two amps I need to make covers for Michael.  I didn't get home until 6 p.m. I unloaded the car, sat down for a minute then fell asleep in my chair.
One piece of fun mail was this piece of hand dyed linen from Needle and Flax. Lots of floss tubers rave about her - Rachel's - linen so I wanted to see what it was like. It is cashel linen, which I don't like to cross stitch on, but I will use it for several small samplers. I just won't buy any more.
It was great seeing people I hadn't seen since before the pandemic and just catching up with everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you got some good chocolate bounty!
Those flowers on the plant are such a brilliant color. I don't know what it is either. I hate that when there is no label, especially for the care directions.

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful weekend and were about to reconnect with the people that you love.