Monday, April 25, 2022

Log Cabin quilt progress, yardwork, another sampler finish and fun mail

I kept busy this weekend. The log cabin quilt is now pin basted and ready for me to start quilting it. It measures about 55" x 66" so it won't take too long to quilt.
I made pizza this weekend
I got some of the ornamental grass cut down then my neighbor came over and helped me finish cutting down the ones along the fence. I also trimmed and mowed so the yard is looking better. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do in the beds. Here are the before and after pictures.
I finished the little 1957 sampler.
The fun mail I got Saturday was a few more pieces of cross stitch fabric and a chart.
Here is my next piece I am going to stitch. It's another small one. I am stitching it on the cocoa 30 count fabric I just received Saturday. I do not have a chart for this; I am just stitching it from a picture I found. Here is my small start.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. I bet it isn't much fun cutting the old growth from the ornamental grass.

barbara woods said...

I made a log cabin for my son and his wife and made them into a heart in the center, haven't seen any one else do that but they loved it

Pauline Michaud said...

Love all your projects. The quilt is looking lovely, and I suspect looks even better in person given the richness of the colors. I'm amazed at how much the ornamental grass grew along the neighbour's fence. Great start on yard work. Our snow is finally gone and we also raked and cleaned up in the yard. It looks so much better. Now to dream about plants!