Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Almost quilted and some fun mail

I am now 75% done with quilting the chevron baseball quilt. I will get that finished tonight then start to make more blocks for the log cabin baseball quilt. I want to get it done then bind both at the same time.
I had ordered some cross stitch stuff last week and two of my three orders were waiting for me at the front door when I got home from work. I don't have a roof over the front door and the packages were soaked from sitting in the rain. I was able to rip open the small box with my bare hands since it was so wet. The water had only soak thru the first  layer of cardboard so the corrugated layer between the outside and inside was still dry. In the box was this lovely pair of Dovo scissors from the Silver Needle in Tulsa OK.
They also included this cute freebee chart.
The other package was a manila envelope and I was concerned since I knew there was a chart and fabric inside. The envelope was a bubble envelope so the bubble layer kept everything dry - whew! This is the first chart I have bought in years and thought these smalls were cute.
I watch several cross stitch floss tubers videos and I hear them all the time raving about Lakeside Linen and how hard it is to find ever since the pandemic. I found a couple pieces at 123Stitch. I bought a FQ of 28 count and a fat eight of 32 count to try out this brand of linen.

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Congrats on yet another finish. The littles are so cute! You'll have fun stitching those.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope your new linen is as good as everyone says.