Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Log cabin progress, a finish and a start

I got the next log on the blocks last evening after I had fallen asleep in my sewing chair. I was really tired last evening. Maybe it was all the time I spend in that snowstorm we had yesterday that tired me out! LOL!! The flakes coming down were huge and the wind was howling! No accumulation thank goodness. Let's hope the snow is now done until next winter.
Mary Yeager is done. I started this on April 11 and finished it on the 19th. I now have 4 pieces I need to get framed.  Yikes!
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon so on my way home in another snowstorm (it would snow then the sun would shine , then it snowed like crazy again.  This went on all day), I stopped at Michael's to match up a bobbin of floss I had that I wanted to use for the next sampler. I have no idea why I didn't put the color number on the bobbin. I was able to match it up and yes, that is all I bought - one skein of floss.
Here is the sampler I am going to stitch next. I saw a picture of it somewhere. I will just stitch from the picture. It is interesting that it was made in 1957 and I like the font they used for the upper case letters.  It will be a small sampler so this won't take too long to stitch.  For some reason lately I like stitching small samplers. 
I am stitching it on a piece of Lakeside linen that I recently found to purchase. I hear all the floss tubers talk about Lakeside Linen so I bought a couple pieces to see what all the fuss was about. I got a little start and the linen is wonderful to stitch on! No wonder stitchers sing it praises! I am going to have to track down some more! So here is my little start.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Weather changes like we have had are hard on our bodies. As much as 30 degree changes from one day to the next.
Small samplers are some instant gratification. We all need that now and then.

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, I love the new sampler!

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, I love the new sampler!