Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Progress on log cabin blocks, fun mail, and SNOW!

I managed to get another log sewn on the log cabin blocks for the second baseball quilt last evening. I am going to have to cut more strips of fabric when I go to sew on the second round of light colored fabrics.
I got fun mail last night. I had seen this tomato pincushion fabric with the gray background on a floss tube from Carol who is the Saltbox Stitcher. It is so cute I just had to have some to make some project bags and to put on the back of those smalls or minis I plan on stitching. I don't know exacly how big the minis are going to be. It will depend on if I use 28 or 32 count fabric. I don't know how many project bags I will get out of this fabric, but I may have a couple to sell.
Yesterday it snowed for about 6 hours. There was no accumilation except in a few areas, but I had a bit that gathered on my windshield. I had already taken my scraper out of the car, but this snow was very wet and the windshield wipers moved it easily. It was snowing again this morning on my way to work. Areas north and east of me got accumilations of 1 1/2 to 3 inches of heavy wet snow. Maybe this is the end of it.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope it is the last of the snow too. Much warmer weather starting here Thursday.

barbara woods said...

I am ready for some warm weather, 39 last night!

Kathy S. said...


We don't have any accumulation here, but it was nearly a whiteout around 9:45am. Yes, I'm hoping it's the last of it too. My daffodils are slightly confused. Tulips are opening and closing. Still hoping to have baseball practice tomorrow night if it's not too wet at the field.

Hope you get to walk at work soon. Just keep plugging away at the baseball quilt.

Kaja said...

Snow! The weather is crazy these days, that's for certain. I really like those fabrics with the numbers.

Vicki W said...

Snow in April. Crazy! We had rain all day yesterday and it's cold today. It's supposed to get below freezing tonight.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Fun fabric and I love the green centers for your log cabin blocks :). I hope this is the end of the snow….it’s time to bring on spring!