Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Log cabin quilting and tote bags

Bobbins were wound and a little quilting took place last evening.
I did some digging around in the fabric storage room looking again for fabric I could use to make tote bags for the merch booth for my nephew's band. Cherie sent me some fabric last fall and I had already cut that to size, but I need more. I found some leftover batik fabric that I made masks out of for work, some cottons I just don't like the prints, some polyester gaberdine that I will never use, and a heavy piece of stiff linen.  We are having merchandise that would not be secure in a thin plastic bag. Here is the stack of fabric along with the bags (the black and white floral print) that I already cut to size.  None of this fabric would ever end up in a quilt so this will be a good way to clear out my stash.  
A new bigger tent was purchased for this year's shows and Michael designed a new sign. Our first show is June 1 so I need to get crackin' on getting this fabric cut and the bags sewn. I have no idea how many bags this stack will make, but I have a feeling it won't be enough for the season. I will keep digging to see if I can find anything else I could use.  Last year I know I made over 60 bags and we only had 2 left.  

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a good use for fabric you no longer need. I bet the customers love getting a cloth bag.

barbara woods said...

Great idea, Do you sale the bags?