Monday, November 22, 2021

What a weekend - updated

Saturday was spent visiting family and shopping for Xmas. By the time I got home it was dark and I was tired. Sunday after running to the grocery store, I spent the day sewing together the dark flannel quilt top. It is done! I did change out the accent solids blocks from dark blue to black and I like it much better.
I got the backing washed so I can sew it together tonight. Superior Threads had King Tut on sale so I stocked up on a variegated neutral that was 40% off and got a cone of lavender for those baby quilts that was 10% off.
While shopping Saturday we stopped at a grocery store to get some pastries and I found 5 bottles of the G. Hughes Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.  I have been searching for this! I like this on chicken. It has a bit of heat and I don't like hot stuff, but this I can tolerate. It makes plain chicken palatable. I had been to 6 stores previously looking for this, but everyone was sold out. I am now stocked up for a while!
I was sitting at my desk after I had already published this post and a lady I work with was at a store where she lives and brought me this
That is six bottles of the Chili Dipping Sauce! LOL!!! She knew I had been searching for it! How funny is that! I really am set for a while!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love stocking up on things that are hard to find. I hope that sauce has a far away expiration date.

barbara woods said...

we are stocked up on coffee, toilet paper and paper towels

Vicki W said...

The quilt looks great! I'm a big believer in stocking up on hard-to-find foods. With my allergies I have to buy all I can find of some foods.