Monday, November 8, 2021

Lavender quilt(s) progress

There is no way I could just make one! LOL!! Here is the top I was first aiming for all sewn together.  It is much prettier in person.  This picture is kind of dark. 
The back is all sewn together using the biggest left over pieces I had.
The batting is cut and ready to go too. Here are the blocks for the second quilt.
I decided to go ahead and cut up the little remaining lavender fabric I had into strips. I know there will be enough blocks for the second quilt and at least a good start on a third. I had several yards of a solid lavender in my stash so that got cut up into 3" strips for binding and the constant fabric since I ran out of both the light and darker tone-on-tone lavender fabrics. Here is the pile ready to be turned into blocks.
Saturday I mowed the entire yard after I leaf blew the leaves in the one side yard and about half the back. I think this will be the last time I will have to mow the back, but I might have to mow the front and sides one more time.  Mowing the yard in Ohio in November - global warming!  Sunday I got my covid booster shot, cooked some, did dishes  and laundry, and watched the Browns game. Tom Petty once said "If you are not getting older, then you're dead". Well, today I am another year older! YEAH!

6 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Happy Birthday, Patty. Great work on those quilts. They look lovely!

dianne said...

happy birthday!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday! I forgot you had a November birthday too. We're both Scorpios.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!

Donnie said...

Happy birthday!

swooze said...

Happy birthday!!