Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Basting, stitching and a card

As soon as I got home from work I started doing some cleanup in the flower beds. It was too nice to go inside! I filled a wheelbarrow then went inside as it was starting to get dark at 5:15!   I hate daylight savings time!   I worked on putting together the first lavender baby quilt and I have it almost all pin basted.
I had enough linen leftover from that last little red sampler that I could start stitching the French sampler chart Cherie had sent me. It will be a French sampler stitched on Italian linen using Japanese floss! Here is the sampler picture and my little start which I will post updates every Tuesday.
In the mailbox was another birthday card. This one was from my sister. So cute!

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

A true international sampler! The lavender quilt looks beautiful…….you’d mentioned it was prettier than the previous pictures showed and you’re so right. We spent time sitting on the deck last night as it was beautiful out. 100% agree about daylight savings!!

Elle said...

We are not in daylight savings time anymore.