Thursday, November 11, 2021

Lavender progress

I made good progress on quilting the lavender quilt. I am quilting it in lavender thread (a bit more on the red side, but it looks good) because I already had a bunch of bobbins wound that I didn't use on another project so I didn't have to wind bobbins which was nice. Here is what I got done
I will have to go digging thru my quilts to figure out one to give away. At work we have an intern from Uganda - remember she was here before and I had made her a quilt in 2019 to take back with her to Uganda.
Well, she is back for a year and had to move out of her sponsor's home and into a camper so at work the women are having a ThanksGIFTing party for her to help her furnish her camper instead of having a women's gift exchange Xmas party. I sure hope this is just temporary since campers are not warm in the winter time. I learned this from my friend who had to live in one for months in Louisiana when her home got flooded in a hurricane. So anyway, I will be digging around to see what I can give her. I sure wish I had a flannel quilt stash! I have plenty of flanne;I just need to get some quilts made!
Elle, thanks for the correction that it is no longer daylight savings time. I don't know what this time is called, but I don't like it! LOL!!!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good progress on your quilting.

This time is the real time before Daylight Savings Time was ever thought of. When the days are shorter it's dark at both morning and night so Daylight Savings Time wouldn't do us any good anyway. I'm not a fan of the changes twice a year.

Linda Garcia said...

When we are not on Daylight saving time, we are on Standard time. There are many who are trying to get a bill passed in congress for staying on either Daylight Saving or Standard time. Scientists are saying that the research is showing that the switching back and forth is hard on our brains and our sleep schedules. I personally would prefer to stay on Daylight saving time as I do not need the sun to come up at 4:30 in the morning in the summer. And in the winter, I hate that the sun goes down before 4:30 pm. I know....Whine, Whine, Whine. Not switching either way would be great.