Monday, November 15, 2021

16th finish for 2012

I finished the lavender quilt I needed for the 23rd. All I need to do is put a label on it. The quilt turned out 41.5" x 50.5".
I worked hard on Saturday getting the binding on the quilt and then worked on sewing together all the remaining fabric to make blocks for two more tops. I was still short 5 blocks so I went digging again for a lavender print. I hadn't looked thru my bin of vintage fabric and this is what I found - perfect!
So now I have one more top pin basted
and one more top ready to pin baste
I only had this piece left over
I had a bit of time Sunday evening so I finally finished my three smalls by stitching on the leaf shapes that covered the opening that I used to stuff them. I used embroidery thread and added the buttons for a finishing touch. Here are the fronts and backs.
This morning I had just enough time to get ready the vinyl for another one of those platform covers. One of my co-workers is going to help me mark the radius of the circle which will make that part of this job go much faster.
It snowed a bit on Saturday - nothing stuck - then it started again on Sunday around 11. It was a wet snow which means it stuck to the tv dish. I had tape together my jerry-rigged device - the electric chain saw extension pole with a paint stick fully extended plus a paint brush taped at a 90 degree angle - and cleaned off the dish 6 times! I have to reach up a story and a half to get to the dish. At one time the flakes were so big I felt like I was in a snow globe!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That was a really fast finish! I love the leaf pin cushions.....at least that's what I think they are!

swooze said...

Love your quilts. Wow the contraption for cleaning your dish sounds….interesting…lol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

They predicted snow here but we didn't get any accumulation in the 3 days they talked about. That sounds like a real pain to have to keep cleaning off the dish.