Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Lots of action yesterday!

Where should I start? Yesterday at lunch one of the ladies I work with helped me mark the vinyl coated material for that backup cover I need to make for that 8 foot round platform. We got the circle marked in a half hour! It would have taken me a half day to get it marked by myself! Either Thursday or Friday at lunch she is going to help me sew the two lengths together. Having a second pair of hands will make this hard job easier. Here are the scraps and the circle stored for now in the car.
I made a quick stop at the library to pick up a book and then decided to clean up the side yard when I got home. My neighbor's arborvitae is shedding and it makes such a mess. The leaf blower will only blow part of it so I had to rake the stubborn stuff that was stuck in the grass. This is the before - no after - but it does look better.
The fabric arrived for the baby quilt I am making for my niece's co-worker.
I dug thru my stash to find fabrics that would go with them. I was happy that I found so much!
I am going to make one of these chevron quilts out of this fabric.
Of course to get free shipping I found some fabric in the clearance bin to add to my order. I really like that weird print in the right hand piece. It is not as attractive in the red colorway, but it will get used. The white with the navy letters will make a cute backing for a baby quilt.
I finally got back to working on the dark flannel quilt. Here is where I am now.
I am going to change out the 9 patch blocks circled here. The contrast with the navy blocks is lost.
I needed one more color of 9 patch blocks for this quilt so I went thru the piles of blocks that still need made and decided on these.
I still have plenty of blocks to make more flannel quilts. Here are the ones that are sewn together and the ones that still need sewn.  I know, I went down a deep rabbit hole!  Wait to you see the pile of flannel strips for the pastel quilt!  Geeze!  What was I thinking!
Lastly, I cut the flannel for the backing so I can get it washed. I bought a bolt of this light gray flannel and it is 60" wide! I had found this at a fabric outlet place in Berlin, Ohio. They had a whole pile of bolts and I dug to find the nicest fabric. I think I paid $2 a yard.

3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

I'm loving your new fabrics for the baby quilt and the ones you added from your stash fit right it! What pattern do you use for the chevron quilt? I agree on the weird print that works well in grey but not so well in the red colorway, I'm thinking it's the glaring dark pink....if it had been black or grey maybe? We used to live in Ohio and went to Berlin a couple of times.....it's on our list to return to now that we live closer :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know what you will be sewing this winter! I need to get my flannel out too.

Vicki W said...

I love the fabrics for the baby quilt. That's going to be so cute! The flannel quilt is going to be awesome too. I see lots of flannel around you this winter!