Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Next

You remember all those flannel nine path blocks I was making for two quilts for Xmas? Well, I decided to try and get them made. Call me crazy!  To make these go faster I decided to use an alternating solid block instead of making every block a nine patch. I cut a bunch of 8" dark gray squares and here is where I am on the first one. Yes, I ran out of design wall so the last row I will tape to the fireplace.
Now that I see this picture, I may be moving those darker blocks at the bottom right.
Here is my handy dandy gizmo I use to clean the snow off my dish and a picture of where the dish is located.
Here is the progress on the latest cross stitch piece

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

The solid flannel blocks are adding a calming effect to the pieced blocks. I think it's going to look great.

Kathy S. said...

I like the solid grey blocks with the 9-patches! Yes, that will make it go much faster and make it easier to match up the seams.

We've never cleaned the snow off our dish. Hmmm. Haven't had a problem. Knock on wood.

Keep calm and sew on. I know you will have those two nine-patch quilts done by Christmas.

Kaja said...

Two quilts before Christmas?!!! That will be going it. I like the solid blocks in there with the 9 patches.

Pauline Michaud said...

Great projects! Those will keep you busy for a few days! Looks like your snow melted. We got lots of snow here since Sunday night... I think approximately 10" fell from what I can tell, and it is snowing and very windy today. We went from fall to winter in one fell swoop! I'm not complaining as in British Columbia, the province west of ours, they are having too much rain, and terrible floods and landslides that have destroyed several parts of their main highway systems - trapping people from accessing other part of their province. My thoughts and prayers are with them. Good luck with your projects this week. Can't wait to see more!

swooze said...

Fishing for snow!

Love your idea to alternate with the solids. You’ll be flying now!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

9 patches with alternating plain squares is a Single Irish Chain quilt. I like it.

Linda Garcia said...

We have to clean snow off our dish all the time. However, we are lucky because we can reach our dish from the deck with a regular push broom. One or two swipes and all is clean. Just don't stand right below the spot or you will be covered with snow--LOL!