Tuesday, March 23, 2021

T-shirt picture and the big floor project

I remembered to take a picture of the t-shirts on the design wall.
My first task for the big floor project was to fill in the low spot where I had stopped work last year. Here you can see how the flooring hovered over the floor by the cast of the shadows.  I had put fill in this area before, but apparently I missed a spot!  LOL!!
I mixed up a bit of vinyl floor patch making it on the thin side, and poured it in place. I carefully worked it under the planks; there was no way I was taking that floor apart!
Here is how it looked this morning. It had dried out quite a bit so I will be good to go to lay down planks tonight after work.
Next I needed get the room cleaned out of all the stuff that had accumulated in the laundry/utility room. I hauled out all the recycling to the recycling bin - that was five trips of cutting up boxes and dumping the boxes and bags I keep the recycling in. I also decided to clean up the pile of weekly newspapers I never read that had accumulated beside the front door. I kicked them behind a bush so it was time to pick a winter's worth of papers and toss them in the recycling bin. While I was on my hands and knees pulling the papers out of the bush, I saw two little holes in the caulking at the front door frame. I never noticed them before even when I had the same holes on the other side of the door that the wasps used as a passageway to live inside my door frame.
I found the caulk gun and a tube of caulk so now no wasps will not be making their home here!
Back to the laundry room. Did three loads of laundry - one load were the sheets I stripped off my bed - to get the laundry off the floor. The laundry tub needed a good scrub and I found an old toothbrush so I could scrub the drain too. Then there was odds and ends that needed another home, shoes put away, and the wastebasket emptied. Finally I could vacuum the room. So the room is ready for installation of flooring tonight. I did dig out this fabric.
I had made my sister two vinyl project pouches with this color combination and she asked me to make her a pillow case in the same fabrics. The body will have to be the purple and the polka dot will be the border since I don't have that much of it left.
To say the least I am a bit tired today. I never sat down after I got home from work, but I am happy to have gotten so much done.

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Wow sure rocked it last night. Good for you. Don’t forget to take time for you and rest a bit. It’s hard to remember that we are not 21 anymore, even though our brain thinks we are lol.

Ann said...

You are the best handywoman I know. Good for you for getting all this done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the rest of the floor goes in OK. Will you have a spot under the water heater that has to be put in after they take the old one out?

barbara woods said...

lots of work done!

swooze said...

You are one of 5he hardest working ladies I know!