Thursday, March 25, 2021

Floor progress, mac & cheese, daffodils

After thinking about the problem I was having with the floor - which was the planks not lining up straight - I decided last night to remove the two rows I had installed Tuesday night and beat the begabbers out of the remining floor to get it straightened up. I needed to move the floor about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch. Thank goodness I was able to do that and then proceeded to put the flooring back in place using adhesive. The floor that is glued down feels so much better under the foot. I got two more rows installed until I had enough of that for one night. Here is where I am right now. I have the next row already laid out.
After I get those next two planks installed and get the tricky one under the duct installed
I need to get the area behind the furnace done. This is where the new hot water heater is going to be installed.
I am going to ask the plumber today about moving the condensate line to run along the wall.
I will have to take all the shelving down on both walls so they can get the old HW heater out and have a bit more room to get the new one in. Let's see if I can get rid of at least some of the crap stuff I have loaded on these shelves.
It will be nice to get the boxes of flooring out from in front of my design wall!
I did take the time to make mac and cheese in my new cast iron pan.  Meals for three or four days!
and I took time to enjoy my daffodils
Just to let you know I am not superwoman; I am just stubborn and tired! This is a big job I will be glad to have done.

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

You are super woman in my book lol. A real power house!!!

swooze said...

Girl I’m tired for you! You’re doing a great job and it will all be over soon!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You may be stubborn and tired but you are still superwoman in my book!

barbara woods said...

Hugs "from a tired just reading you" friend

Vicki W said...

I agree with Wanda. You are a superwoman!

Kaja said...

Stubborn and tired gets things done!