Monday, March 8, 2021

10th and 11th finishes for 2021 and vinyl project bags

The music quilt is finally done! It is 80.5" x 95". One more UFO I can cross off the list. This quilt had been partially quilted before I moved on to something that was more urgent. I bet it has been sitting around for 10 to 15 years. It washed up nicely.
For the receipient of the music quilt I then on Saturday made a quilt for his dog. It took me from around 1:00 pm until 9:30, but I got it done except for a label. It turned out 22" x 26". This is Ella and her new quilt which will go in the mail today.
In 2016 I made eight doggie quilts at my brother's request.
He still had two of them left so recently one went to Basie who belongs to a friend of my brother
and another was for Joie, his and his wife's new dog. Basie and Joie like to play together.
A side effect of getting UFOs done is now I have so many safety pins I had to find a bigger container for them. Years ago I kept buying saftey pins because I had a project that was more urgent and the safety pins would be already holding other quilts together so I had to buy more and more. Well, now that I am getting those projects done, I have saftey pins coming out of my ears! LOL!! I don't think I will ever need to buy anymore!
I broke down yesterday and washed my filthy car. The neighbor was out washing his so I figured it must be warm enough. The sun was shining, not much wind, but even though it was only 43 degrees it was plenty warm enough to wash the car. Here is the car before. It looks a lot better now! I don't know how long it took me, but it was at least a couple hours. That included a visit to see the latest home improvement project my neighbor was doing - remodeling their laundry room and making a space for the treadmill.
After that I got back to work and made a couple vinyl project bags. I saw them on a blog - I don't recall who's - and she even had a video. I will try and find out who and let you know. Anyway, I put two together and they came out pretty good. The second one of course went faster. I have plenty of zippers and vinyl on hand to make more. My sister and her friend liked them and would use them for their counted cross stitch projects so it looks like I will be making more this week to get them mailed to her. An 8"x11" piece of paper will fit in the bag, so it should accommodate most of their projects.

6 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

You sure can pack a lot into a weekend, LOL! Congratulations on all your finishes. I can't get over how many pins you have now. I vaguely remember you mentioning having to buy pins in a post a good while ago. I had to work at quilt shop this weekend, so didn't get much else done. Can't wait to see an updated UFO list at some point - I suspect there isn't too much left on it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

When you said that one was an old UFO partially quilted I was wondering how many safety pins you must have. Now I know!

barbara woods said...

I though I had a lot of pins

Kathy S. said...

You have been super productive. The dog quilts are so cute -- and so are the dogs! That's a lot of pins!!! Looks like you will have more soon because you are crossing those UFOs off your list left and right.

It's gorgeous outside. Hope you can find time to walk and enjoy it.

Vicki W said...

I love both quilts. I know they will be loved! Your safety pin pile made me laugh out loud. That's a LOT of safety pins!

Ann said...

I used to save Altoid tins for my safety pins and have quite a collection. Glad to know I’m in good company. The dog quilts are charming and the titles are so clever.