Sunday, March 14, 2021

12th finish for 2021 and the last of this batch of vinyl bags

My sister cross stitched this stocking and passed it to me to finish it. I had it on my UFO/TO Do list and it is done! I am happy with the way it turned out. The poinsettia fabric that I used on the back and lining is fabric that was Mom's that she used in one of the family Xmas quilts. One more thing off the list!
While I was out and about on Friday I stopped by JoAnn's to get more vinyl since I had used up everything I had. Just so you know I buy the one with the tissue paper printed in yellow. I don't know the weight or mills.
While I was walking around looking for the vinyl, I found a roll of pink vinyl that was marked down. I bought a yard of it and made my sister a bag using the pink instead of the clear. I put the lining fabric in the picture so you can see that the fabric was white and pink.
I finished up the vinyl project bags that I had cut out the other day. Here they are
The vinyl project bags are all packed up with a quilt and the stocking; they will get shipped tomorrow. The two bigger bags would not fit in the USPS box so those will go separately. I ended up making 23 bags, 20 go to my sister, one for me, one for the lady's stepdaughter, and one that I am mailing to a blogger friend. I have a feeling I will be making more of these!

3 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Whoo hoo! Another great finish! These look absolutely lovely and I know your sister will be very happy. I've never seen the coloured vinyl before, and love the effect on the pink bag. Congrats on another UFO finish!

Vicki W said...

The project bags are going to be so appreciated! I'm pretty sure that I used to have some of that fabric that you used to back the stocking!

Frog Quilter said...

Would you send me the tube link to make these bags. I saw the beautiful one you sent to Wanda!

Thanks