Thursday, March 18, 2021

All kinds of goings on

I managed to get the b&w quilt all pin basted.
The plumber and electrician showed up right on time. They double teamed the problem sink piping and garbage disposal
1 and 1/2 hours later the new garbage disposal was intalled, the piping under the sink had be fixed, and the GFI had been replaced. Everything is finally working properly! It will be such a treat to be able to use both sinks and not have to run an extension cord from the only other receptacle in the kitchen to where I needed to work at the larger countertop. Here is the before piping
and the after
Once the bottom of the sink base cabinet is good and dry, I will give it a sand and a fresh coat of paint to spruce it up a bit. The UPS man brought me a new piece of Le Cruset cast iron. I can't wait to wash it in the fixed sink and cook in it. Isn't it beautiful? For the last year or so I have really been into acquiring cast iron cookware. This was on sale so it was a good score!
After the plumber left I got started on laundry and pressing the interfacing on the latest t-shirt quilt. For now I am just sticking them on my design wall. There are a lot of little shirts so I hope I have enough to make a decent sized quilt. They have already been cut, but the lady did a good job so that is a relief.
My foot is feel better. I taped it and rubbed peppermint oil on it. I put a pillow under my foot last night while I slept to elevate it and that seemed to help. It is just a bit sore today, but doesn't hurt when I walk. Thank you for all your suggestions and empathy.

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like it when things get fixed together and it all works!!! Have fun on that T shirt quilt!

Pauline Michaud said...

I'm really happy for you! Yipee!

Kathy S. said...

Woohoo for sprucing up the kitchen sink. Glad all went well. I'm also glad that the bright shirts were cut nicely. Can't wait to see where they land.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like they were a good team that you wouldn't mind calling back for other fixes. I miss the plumber I had for 25 years.

Frog Quilter said...

Hooray for house repairs done correctly!!! Always a good thing and it looks lovely.

barbara woods said...

my kitchen sink is a corner one to

Vicki W said...

Yay for things being fixed right! We feel the same for the guy working on our porch. Turns out we had some rot between the upstairs and downstairs porches. We caught it just in time and should be set for another 20 years which will probably be longer than how long we stay.