Thursday, March 4, 2021

On to a new home and a bit of progress

The tropical black and gray quilt
was handed off along with the Harley quilt to go to its new home. Andrea came last evening to pu the Harley quilt and when she came into the sewing studio the tropical quilt was laying on the table. I had laid it out to get the lint off of it. She went over to the quilt and said "This is so pretty. Who is this for?" I flipped over the corner and told her to read the label. She looked up at me with wide eyes and said "For me?" I said yes, tears came to her eyes.  She said she never had a quilt. She said the quilt was going on her bed as soon as she got home. Don't you just love someone who appreciates a quilt?  She even like the orange minion fabric on the back.

 I only had time to get the white part of one block on the music quilt quilted, but it is at least a bit of progress.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh, it's so gratifying when someone really loves a quilt! My Mom made a quilt for a guy who works at her apartment building. You would think that she gave him a gold bar. He thanks her every time he sees her.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is so special that she loved the quilt before she knew it was hers. I always like my recipients to choose their own quilt from a stack of 3 or 4 because I think they will treasure it more than just a random gift quilt.