Wednesday, March 17, 2021

New project and a phone call

Yesterday I was handed over a box containing t-shirts for a new project. This will be a graduation gift for a relative of a lady I work with. She had told the mother not to cut up the shirts, but she did. I will make it work! My plan is now to finish pin basting the b&w quilt then set it aside to work on this t-shirt quilt.
Last evening I was trying to run around the house making preparations for the plumber today, but it was hard. After my lunchtime walk my right heel was hurting with every footstep. You know that if your feet hurt, you hurt all over. It was a struggle to get done what I needed to last evening. This has happened before, but the pain usually goes away after a bit of a rest. Not this time; it still hurt some when I got up this morning. I took a Tylenol and it feels better now. When I did sit down for a minute last night to rest my foot, I got a phone call from the fellow I gave the music quilt and the Ella doggie quilt to. He almost could not put into words how thrilled he was with the quilts. He commented on the details in the music quilt and the colors of Ella's quilt.
He wanted to know how I knew that Ella's quilt would match his house. He said he had a green wall, an orange couch, and Ella's coats were purple. I was happy that he loved the quilts.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

How nice to hear from a happy quilt recipient. How perfect that the dog quilt matches his house! He sounds like a guy who likes color as much as quilters do.

I wonder if you have plantar fasciitis. I had it in the 1980s and had it again last year. Pain in the heel when you first stand up after sitting or first thing in the morning. I have heard of 3 other people who just started suffering with it lately.

Ann said...

How serendipitous that the colors worked perfectly. I hope your foot feels better soon.

Kaja said...

I'm not surprised he loved the quilts, but it's still nice that you heard it from him. I hope your foot is better tomorrow.

Kathy S. said...

That is soooo cool that Ella's quilt matches her house! Can't wait to see what you do with all the t-shirts. You are so awesome at t-shirt quilts. It will be a masterpiece for the graduate I'm sure.

I have plantar faciitus. It hurts in both heels right now. If I wear my special insoles it helps a lot. It hurts when I get up in the morning, after a 30 or so minute drive, and after I've been sitting in my lazy boy chair for a while. It usually doesn't hurt after sewing, so that's good. Tylenol or ibuprofen helps. It really helps if I watch how much sugar or inflammatory foods that I eat. Hope it goes away soon. To test to see if I had it my doctor drove his thumb in the center of my heel. I about jumped off the table. He said, "Yep, that's it..."

Vicki W said...

It's so nice to find out that someone loves their quilt! I'm sort about your foot. I'm having a similar issue. Seems I have turf toe. Not from football but from moving heavy furniture wearing inappropriate shoes! Hopefully we'll both be better in a couple of days.