Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Getting prepared

In anticipation of the plumber and electrician's visit, I am trying to be prepared. I don't know what evening they are coming yet and I want to be ready for whenever that is. So last night I made the cookies for Wednesday's St. Patrick's Day luncheon at work. I didn't want to take a chance on making them tonight in case the plumber would call at the last minute and say he was coming. The plumber comes first! I made 5 dozen cut out shamrock cookies. The house smelled so good it was hard to fall asleep last night.
Tonight I want to wash the kitchen floor, bring up the new garbage disposal from the garage, get a bucket and old towels for any water that spills, clean out anything that is stored under the sink, and have a couple of foam mats so the plumber doesn't have to lay on the hard tile. The only sewing related activity yesterday was getting a button sewn on my jacket. This has needed done for a week and a half.
and I got a bit more quilting done on the 2010 quilt. I looked this up on my blog because I couldn't remember why I made this quilt. I had participated in Tonya's Liberated Amish Quilt Challenge and this was my entry. I also came across when I had made the music quilt I just finished. I had pieced it in 2012.

5 comments:

Kathy S. said...

When I first started reading your post I thought you made all those cookies for the plumber and the electrician. They look so yummy! Ahhh... sugar in the air!

Vicki W said...

I do the same kind of prep work for plumbers and other service people. My plumber said that most people don't even remove all the crap from under the sink. They will appreciate your efforts!

Pauline Michaud said...

Hope your work people come soon... plumbing/electrical problems are no fun. Good on you for thinking of them and the area they need to work in. Hopefully they will handle the problems once and for all.

Ann said...

We are in the middle of numerous small repairs, too. It sure takes time but it's good to get things working properly. I need to make some cookies with the press soon.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your cookies look so good. I haven't done cut out cookies for years.