Monday, March 15, 2021

Next project

The next project I am going to tackle is this black and white quilt. I can't tell you how many years ago I made it. It measures 104 3/4" x 90.5". I got the majority of it pin basted. The area left to pin baste is circled. Yes, even with an 8' x 8' table I still have to move the quilt around to get to the all the areas.
A couple of things interfered with getting the b&w top pin basted. I was doing dishes and heard water dripping under the sink. Crap not again! I bet I have had four people "fix" the piping under my sink over the years and nobody seems to make their repair work last! I don't understand; it is not that difficult of a job. I just don't have the know how or the strength to do the work myself. See in this picture how the horizontal pipe from the garbage disposal to the trap has come apart?
This was just "fixed" last spring! I tried to put it back together myself, but in reality the horizontal pipe is too short and it was forced together at the fitting. Eventually it just came apart. I texted my next door neighbor and he hooked me up with a plumber that is coming maybe Wednesday. The garbage disposal quit working too so he is going to replace that. There is also an electrical issue. The switch for the disposal quit working and I think the GFI to the left in this picture is the culprit because it doesn't work anymore either. I tried to reset it and check the breakers, but no luck.  It will be nice to have this receptacle working again.  I only have one other receptacle in the kitchen so it makes it hard to get anything done.  I have been draping an extension cord over the sink to this area where I have more counterspace when I want to use my mixer.
The plumber said he would bring his brother who is an electrician and they would fix it right. I have never lived in a house where I continuously have issues with the kitchen sink plumbing. I has been a pain to wash dishes in the little side of the sink which still works ok.  It was hard to wash the 12 quart stock pot the little side sink. LOL!!! 

 Then I had to take (waste more time!) the new phone I got on Friday back to the store on Sunday afternoon because my picture didn't download on the new phone, my emojis were gone, and my Fitbit didn't sync. They got the pictures and the emoji thing fixed and showed me how to sync my Fitbit.  I still need to figure out how to sync the phone up in the car.  This is why I have delayed getting a new phone; it is such a pain getting it to work.  My phone was six years old and it wouldn't update anymore and the battery needed charged all the time.   I stopped at a gelato place on the way home for a treat. I got a small chocolate and it was delicious! I put a 4 oz jar next to it so you could see the size of the small. Next time I think I will need to get a bigger serving!

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Poor thing with house issues. I hate them too. Hopefully you will get them resolved. Keep smiling 😃

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope your 2 fix-it men will do the job right this time. If they are good and reliable you know you will be able to call them if you have something else that needs fixing.

Kaja said...

That is a big quilt! I hate updating technology; really I just want exactly what I had before (computer, phone, software...)

Vicki W said...

Well, at least I know that you had enough safety pins! You definitely deserved a larger serving of gelato.