Friday, March 26, 2021

Making progress

Last night I worked until 9:30 to get as much of the floor installed as I could. I got the area were the new water heater was going which I had to do since the plumbers were coming the next morning. Here is behind the furnace before I got the baseboard installed. You see that thin white pipe? That is the condensate line and it is just in the way! I got the parts and the first thing they did was reroute it.
See? Much better! and check out that baseboard!
Did you see that little door in the brick? I decided to open that door and look in. Needed vacuumed out including the skeleton of some animal that die in there a long time ago. Yuck!
old one on its way out
new one ready for action!
I spent most of my time outside working because the guys were not keeping their masks on. My neighbor is going to help me cut down my ornamental grass with his hedge trimmer and thought it would help if I tie them up. I also cut back the shasta daisy dead flower stalks and cleaned up leaves so here is the before and after.
I also got the netting fence I bought to go around the cora bell bed to keep the deer from snacking on them installed. The plants were starting to grow with this warm weather we have been having so I needed to get those fabric covers off.
This is the area I have left to install flooring.
but first I will have to clean up where the water heater sat for 23 years. Yuck!
Hopefully I will be back go sewing soon!

9 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Hi Patty. Wow, does that ever look great! It's going to change the look of that room so much, especially when you have a chance to finish up the flooring/trim. Isn't it crazy how time flies? I can't believe that heater sat there for that many years. You must feel some relief that they now have it installed, and you can get this done when you are able to instead of a mad rush to prep for them. Congratulations on another achievement!

swooze said...

I’m surprised you didn’t put a tray under the new water heater. Maybe find a water sensor for spills?

Frog Quilter said...

You have sooooo much energy and drive!

Vicki W said...

I'm exhausted just reading about all you did yesterday! Glad the water heater install went well. It's so nice to have those kinds of things done and over with. We have 2 water heaters and the youngest is 15 year old. The other is over 20! We are planning to replace them soon but I know the new ones won't last as long.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hate cleaning up spaces like that. Good luck in getting it all finished this weekend.

barbara woods said...

not much longer , hope you finish in one day

Kaja said...

It's taking up all your time, but the floor is looking really good.

Cherie in St Louis said...

The floor is looking amazing and the baseboard is icing on that floor cake ;-). Re-routing the drip tube was a great idea.....maybe necessary for the water heater install? We’re you forced to relocate the heater because they are so much bigger now with the new insulation required now? Yuck where the old water heater was.......hopefully it mucks out well. Should feel so much nicer doing laundry now :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Wow! You’re a dynamo! The new floor and baseboard look wonderful. You’ll enjoy this for years to come.