Thursday, November 19, 2020

Scraps, scraps and more scraps!

The internet was not cooperating today so that is why my post is so late today. Here is a picture of the scrap issue I have. Yes, it is going to be quite a challenge to tame.  This represents decades of scrap accumulation.  At the bottom of the page is a picture of one of the many quilts I have made from scraps.  It was a full sized quilt I made in 2011. 
I have this bookshelf that the food containers fit on perfectly. As I cut scraps I can double stack trays depending on the sizes I end up cutting . My goal is to cut scraps for an hour a day. That fabric at the bottom is the blocks left over from that last 16 patch quilt I made.  I almost have enough blocks to make another baby quilt; another project for another day!  LOL!!! 
I now have 3/4 of the whole cloth quilt quilted. I also got the binding cut from what leftovers of the floral fabric was left.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow that is a lot of scraps. It's a great time to tame them while you don't have to waste the time driving too and from work.

Kathy S. said...

The quilting on your whole cloth quilt looks AMAZING!!! I love it. Good luck taming the scraps. Cutting for an hour each day will whittle them away. I know you are a great organizer.

Elle said...

1 hour/day and you'll cut through those scraps faster than you might think!

Do you have patterns you love that you are cutting for? I have a friend in Virginia goes about it that way. A container for 9" Churn Dash as an example.

Vicki W said...

There are a lot of great quilts in that scrap pile!