Monday, November 9, 2020

Christmas boxy pouches

I spent time this weekend grocery shopping. It is amazing how much time it takes when you have to go to several stores to get what you want. Ii spent most of my time working on these Xmas fabric boxy pouches. A fellow at work wanted one for his wife. I couldn't make just one!  I ended up making 12.
I got started on cleaning up one flower bed. I pulled out the marigolds and a few weeds then cut back the dead stems from the Shasta dasies. The circle area shows the two loads of mulch I  hauled up from the backyard. It was almost too hot to work out front - 75 degrees and full sun. I will have to work on spreading more mulch over the next week or until I run out. .
I started wrapping Xmas presents including a few things I picked up this weekend. Yes, that may seem a little crazy, but there were two items that involved candy and cookies so if they are wrapped they are out of mind.  Nothing fancy with my wrapping. LOL!!  I got a great deal on a box of brown paper last year.  There was four or six rolls in a box and I think it only cost me six bucks. 

3 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

I love your brown paper wrapping!!! I use it then write in red, green and silver sharpies in lieu of a tag.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Doesn't that seem amazing to be talking about too hot of weather in November? It sure has been a bonus to be able to get some outside work done this fall. The 14 day forecast says most of the nation will be in above normal temperatures while the Northwest is really wintery.

Vicki W said...

It looks like you are digging a grave in the garden.😆 But you do have some beautiful soil. The body pouches are such a great gift.