Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blast from the past

I had a crazy day yesterday. After work I had to go get my hair cut then stop at the grocery store to pick up my online order.  By the time I got home it was too late to sew, so in the spirit of these times I will post a quilt I made in 2011 as a tribute to the president at that time.  The front is improv pieced using African Dutch wax fabrics.
The back is made from fabric manufactured in Hawaii with a Hawaiian print.   HOPE was the campaign's theme and the fabrics represented the president's heritage.
A close up of the dense FM quilting.
Yesterday on my lunchtime walk I took this picture of the Canadian Goose floating in the pond. It was a beautiful day for a swim!
The birds walk all over the property including the road. Someone was in a big hurry and hit one of them.  Two or three birds a year are hit by vehicles on this road.   I know I have had to stop and wait for them to get across the road many a time.  I would rather do that than hit one.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for showing that quilt. It is very unique!

Cherie in St Louis said...

I admire your HOPE quilt! Such a great tribute to the new president. So sad about the goose getting hit but the picture of them all floating on the water is peaceful.

Ann said...

Your Coins quilt is delicious. Great colors and fabrics. And I love the back. We still need hope.
There are bunches of ducks and geese in our waterways, too. Fun to get out and see them all.