Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Scrap-a-palooza continues

Thanks for all your kind comments and encouragement with my journey of dealing with my scraps. I feel like I made more good progress. I worked for another two hours cutting and sorting. As my mind wandered as I work, I thought I should make a pile of pieces that were narrower than 2" and make some string blocks out of them. Duh! So here is the pile I started for the string block strips and more 3" leftover binding strips I will make into zig zag blocks.
Here are the 3 1/2", 2 1/2", and 1 1/2" squares that I cut in this last 2 hour session.
Here is what the pile to cut and sort looks like now. It is slowing reducing. I think I will work on these a couple more hours today. I am anxious to get thru the first pile of scraps.
The city is attacking the leaves in my part of town today. They first send a guy with a leaf blower to get the leaves to the street. The guy came halfway up my front yard and blew the leaves even though I didn't have many. He even took extra time to get inbetween my ornamental grass to try and get as many leave as he could. That suprised me. They shove the leaves into these huge piles then another crew comes around and uses a front end loader to dump them in trucks. It will be nice to get the leaves picked up because the streets were getting narrow with everyone blowing their leaves into the street. Finally, the street sweeper comes along to get anything left behind.
I figured out that I need to use the new Microsoft Edge for online stuff - I think that is what it is called - to post now. Explorer just doesn't want to work. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe!

3 comments:

swooze said...

I’ll be talking about scraps too soon!

That’s interesting that your town picks up your leaves. We bag them and put them on the curb for pickup.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Scrap cutting is looking good.
Wow, they blow your leaves for you? We have to rake our own and put them by the edge of the street and then the big vacuum apparatus comes along on Mondays and sucks them up.

Frog Quilter said...

Glad you are making your way thru the scraps. Before you know it they will be finished and more will come lol. Enjoy the process! And the Enjoy using them!