Sunday, November 29, 2020

Scrap-a-palooza day 5

 I attacked the bin of orange scraps and here is what the bin looks like now.



Here are the pieces I got. As usual 3 1/2", 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2", 4 1/2 x 16.5" for chevron quilts, string pieces, and a couple triangles.
That bin will now be used for the 3 1/2" squares because the tray I was using was overflowing!
My 2 1/2" square tray is overflowing too.  I will cut up this bin with white and off white scraps then I will use it for the 2 1/2" squares.
Here you can see how the bins will fit in the shelving unit I am using to keep the trays.
I did work in the yard a little bit yesterday. I wheelbarrowed up the hill four loads of mulch and spread it in the flower beds. I also moved the little ornamental grass plants to under the mugo pine. The deer just will not leave them alone. I though if I put them under the pine maybe with the branches poking the deer in the face, they will leave them alone. What the heck - it is worth trying! LOL!! The angle I took this picture makes it look like the plants are more in the open than they really are.
I did do a bit of Xmas shopping this morning. This is just a bunch of little stuff. I went ahead and wrapped everything for two reasons: 1. get the job done and more importantly 2. I won't be tempted to eat the caramel M&Ms, the giant peanut butter cups, the popcorn, or the Ghirardelli squares - out of sight, out of mind!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you were able to squeeze in a little more yard work. I thought about it but then didn't. It was in the low 40s here.

Vicki W said...

Good strategy on the package wrapping! When I buy food gifts I make sure it's something that I'm allergic to. 😄