Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Changes

I have been AWOL for a couple days because I am getting my routine revamped since I am now working from home again. The company started sending people home to work as of Tuesday. I do not know how long this will last, but the state of Ohio has a three week curfew starting tomorrow to try and keep people at home between 10 PM and 5 AM to limit contact by 20 to 25%.  I got my computer set up and working so I am ready to go. 

Meanwhile I stopped at the store a couple days ago and got this little cutting mat, some new small blades, and a little ruler that were on sale so I could start cutting scraps at lunch time at work after I was done walking.  A few minutes here and there and I made some nice progress.  I have piles of these little scraps that are from the lining part of the corners I cut out from making the boxy pouches.  The outer body is interfaced so it is too heavy to use in piecing.  I can get a 1 1/2" square out of each piece so I will have a great start for a postage stamp quilt. 

Here are a few pieces cut.
I now have a 2" tall pile of 1 1/2" squares.  I have these trays I saved from a pig out we had at work last year which will make great storage for the cut scraps. Tomorrow I will show you how I am going to store the trays and the scrap problem I have.  I just have too much good stuff to just pitch.  Hopefully have made some progress on the whole cloth quilt too.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We have 2 warm days coming up tomorrow and Friday. I hope you get the same for your walks. Warm at this time of year is cool in the sumnertime. I just wish the wind would die down a little.

swooze said...

Excellent use of your time! Good luck with your scrap management.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, it does my heart good to see someone else saving good trays to use for quilting purposes!!! I thought maybe it was just me ;-)

Vicki W said...

Well you'll be saving some money and time on the commute! I started a postage stamp quilt in 1998. About 3 years ago I finally finished the top. The plan is for it to go on the long arm next! I guess every quilter should make 1 in a lifetime.