Saturday, November 28, 2020

Scrap-a-palooza day 4

I cut this pile of scraps which only took a couple hours.

 



Here are the pieces I ended up with - 3 1/2", 2 1/2", 2", and 1 1/2" squares, a couple 4 1/2" x 16.5" for chevron quilts, and a pile for string blocks
I wanted to cut more so I grab this pile sitting on top of the bins of scraps. I cut a lot yesterday and finished them up this morning.
Here is what I ended up with.
The 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" trays are getting full!
I decided that I will work on this small bin of scraps so I can use it to store either the 2 1/2" or 3 1/2" squares. I will need a small container for each size so the next bunch of scraps I cut after this bin will be ones in another small bin. What is nice is this small bin will fit on the same shelf unit the trays are stored on.
I appreciate all your wonderful comments and encouragement. I am learning that it takes patience and a sharp blade in the rotary cutter to plow thru these scraps. The sun is shining finally today - it has been very gray and rainy - so I plan on getting outside and take a break from scrap cutting.  I will be doing a bit of clean up around the yard and spread more mulch to the flower beds. With all the wind lately there are about a billion sticks that need picked up!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It definitely takes patience to stick with the scrap cutting.

It sounds like the snow will miss us and you might get in on some of it Monday.

Vicki W said...

I expect that your wrists need a break by now!

Elle said...

Great job! Keep nibbling away every day and you'll get through it all. Oh the scrap quilts you'll make!

I love her ideas for using up scraps and squares.
https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/

Frog Quilter said...

Great job on getting all those scraps under control. Have fun using them in new quilts!

swooze said...

Just have to scrap manage as you go!