Friday, November 6, 2020

Blocks done - at least for now

I got those last 9 blocks sewn together last night so this is what the top looks like so far. I think I will start on adding the sashing. I am still not sure what I am going to do with those traingle areas.
As soon as I got home from work I got out the leaf blower and pushed the leaves from the front yard to the back as far as the cord would extend. See that white area?  That is my my mulch storage area The white is the tarp covering the pile.
After blowing the leaves I went ahead and mowed the front and side yard. The grass was long and the mower picked up most of the leaves the blower missed.
The leaves in the flower beds were stubborn and I am going to have to get those removed by hand. It is going to be a lovely weekend weather wise so that job is on my list of thinks to do this weekend.
I have about a million things I would like to get done this weekend so if the National Guard show up to help I have plenty for them to do!   Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That quilt is coming together so quickly and it looks great. I'm feeling the darkest color in the side triangles or the same color as the sashing. Whatever you do it's still going to be a beast to quilt!😄

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm going to get out the mower today too and cut up all of the leaves in the yard area in back.