Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Another project

I received this comforter that belongs to a SIL. It is a bit worse for the wear. I will take it apart, save as much of the fabric as I can, and make a new sandwich with new fabric on the back.  I will free motion quilt it.  I am aiming for close to a twin sized quilt.  It is 7'x 6' so there is plenty of fabric to work with and hopefully I can get the binding out of the floral fabric too.  My SIL's Grandmother made this for her when she was a kid.  It will be nice to revitalize this. I should be able to get this done for Xmas easily.
The fabric is similar to a feedsack type fabric tied together with embroidery floss.  I am going to have to soak the fabric and try to get out some of the discoloration.  Any suggestions on what I should use? 

1 comment:

swooze said...

I wonder if Vicki Welsh’s Save My Bleeding Quilt article would help. She said soak things where you have bleed for 24 hours and use dawn dish soap. She says it takes that long for the fabric to release thedye. Maybe the same for stains? Good luck!