Friday, May 1, 2020

April finishes

I only got one quilt finished in April, but I was glad to get it done.

As you know I have been focused on making masks for friends, family, and coworkers. I completed another 37.

So far I have finished 217 masks with elastic and 77 with ties. I have another 4 with ties to finish and 94 with elastic that are in progress.

Here is the fabric I ordered for masks as work. Since it took over two weeks to get it I ended up using fabric in my stash, fabric I was glad to use up, to get started on masks. They desperately needed the masks for all the employees at work so I couldn't just wait. I have used 45 yards of fabric from my stash for all the masks I have made and in progress. My shelves still have plenty of fabric on them. It will be a bit boring to just make the same mask with the black Kona on one side and that batik on the other.

Here is what the squash seedlings look like now. They seem to be happy and many are getting their first true leaves. It is forecasted to be warm on Saturday and Sunday so I will put them outside to get some sunshine.

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

You are still the mask-making queen! Wow, 45 yards of fabric used--that's a bunch. I bet your employees are fighting over who gets which mask. It may be a little boring to sew from the same fabric over and over, but just think of how productive it will be. You picked a great fabric for the mass production. ...just keep sewing.

I haven't started my seeds yet. I usually start about now and hope that all the conditions are just right for my husband to disc the garden for me for Mother's day and to get the tiller and my Mantis running smoothly. It's almost garden time. Woohoo! The sign of new life is always refreshing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It really does get a little boring using the same fabric over and over. I made 30 alike for the company I made them for. You had a busy month and no commuting time.